Saturday, May 14, 2005

Updates

After informing a few close friends on the change of my blog address, I received a message from my long-lost frog prince. We’ve sort of lost contact for a period of time… guess he was busy with studies & work overseas. I was very surprised & happy to hear from him.

Dear Prince, if you are reading this, I want to let u know that I really miss you very much.

Wishing you were somehow here again ...
wishing you were somehow near ...
Sometimes it seemed ... if I just dreamed...
somehow you would be here . . .

Hope we have a chance to meet up in the near future… in S’pore, Japan, US or ???


The work schedule issue is on hold now, waiting for our manager to approve the suggested schedule. The 2 teams’ relationship is back to normal I guess… It’s been quite peaceful at work the past few days, no disputes or major problems. We had a short meeting with the Director of the Spore Pavilion 2 days ago. Apparently Spore Pavilion is ranked No. 1 among the other countries, and No. 6 after Japan’s corporate pavilions. Hmm… I really wonder what visitors see in our pavilion. Did they really enjoy being drenched by fake rain?

The director kept asking us for feedback but our team refused to comment anything coz we’ve agreed to discuss as a team first before voicing out to the management. Sometimes I wonder why we should bother to give feedback & suggestions when they don’t really act on them… but I still did a brief meeting with my team yesterday. Now I’m considering whether to brief my manager first about our feedback before the meeting, or inform both the director & my manager at the same time at the next meeting…

Work aside, I’ve an exciting plan coming up…A trip to Kagoshima!! Kagoshima is at the southern part of Kyushu. It’s very far from where I am now. I’d probably end up very broke after the trip but I’m still going coz I’ve a friend staying there. He’s my internet friend’s friend. We met at the Expo last month. Though we didn’t talk much to each other, I feel we’d get along pretty well, therefore I accepted his invitation to go to Kagoshima. Another friend of mine also highly recommended me to go to Kagoshima coz it's a beautiful place. I just bought a travel guidebook on Kyushu… need to plan the places to go to during my 4 days there. I’m so excited!!

My recent off-day was spent on grocery shopping & at the Expo. Yes, I finally went to explore the Expo after working there for almost 2 months! I went to Global Common 1 which consists of the Middle East countries, China, India, Korea… Most of the pavilions are impressive from outside but boring inside. I just popped in & out of pavilions, spending less than 15 mins in each pavilion coz it’s so boring, the exception being the Korea pavilion. Most pavilions are like mini trade fairs, selling jewelry & souvenirs. The Korea pavilion is different ~very impressive artistic design inside the pavilion. I liked their 3-D animation movie most ~ nice soundtrack, and the ending was so touching that I nearly cried.

After I was done with Global Common 1 pavilions, I went to watch the “Evening at the Koi Pond”show which is supposedly similar to the musical fountain at Sentosa. What a disappointment it was! I gave up on it after 10mins into it… I wonder how many would watch thru the full 30mins show. My last stop was at the Earth Tower which features the world’s largest kaleidoscope. Queued for 15 mins, looked at the kaleidoscope for 5 mins & I’m done. Beautiful but can’t keep my interest for long. Moreover I had to return to the S’pore pavilion to go home with the team who’s on duty. I didn’t take any photos at all coz nothing’s that nice, or maybe I’m so sick of the whole site… Hope it’d be more interesting at the other pavilions that I’ve yet to visit…

For this coming off-day I’ve originally planned a trip to an amusement park at Mie prefecture, but because some of us can’t make it, it’s postponed. Quite disappointed coz I’ve been looking forward to it. But it’s a blessing in disguise as well coz I need to save up for the Kagoshima trip. Hmm….for this coming off-day I’d probably just go cut my hair & sing karaoke alone… I miss singing my Glay songs!!


1 comment:
Karaoke??!!!!!....I WAN TO GO!!...Miss those days in Okazaki where we were singing and screaming away like crazy, together with yr Kakis! And not forgetting the freezing COLD weather and the Bicycle experience! ahahaha

No comments: