The work schedule issue is driving me NUTZ!!
This morning, I was informed by my team member that the schedule has been changed again. The moment I reached the pavilion in the afternoon, Team B’s members also informed me about it. And one of Team B’s members kept asking me about my opinion on the schedule ~ what our team wants so that she could do a proper proposal on a schedule that would be fair to both teams.
I’m already fuming mad from the sudden changes in schedule & she kept talking to me about it, explaining herself about the issue as she’s apparently the one who suggested the initial change of schedule. And it’s meant to be just her “personal suggestion”… Well, our dumb manager assumed it represented the views of the whole team & came up with that 2nd schedule which pissed Team B off, so they clarified themselves & he came up with the 3rd schedule which pissed us off.
And last nite someone from my team complained about it to the manager (w/o anyone knowing) and he changed it again this morning, pissing everyone off now! I’m of course mad at the member for complaining to the manager, thus causing this sudden change in schedule. I’ve since told her off about it. She’s quite apologetic about it. Haiz… guess whoever suggested anything related to the schedule didn’t expect their casual remark/suggestion to cause so much trouble. I don’t blame them cause I know they meant well when they suggested the changes, but sometimes I can’t help but be mad with them due to the trouble created as a result of it.
Damn that stupid manager for not using his brains when planning schedule or implementing suggestions. Looking at the way the manager works now, I think we’d better think twice before making any suggestions in front of him. Hmm…maybe we should agree on the procedure of discussing with everyone before voicing any suggestions to that dumb manager. No doubt it means it’d take a longer time to get things done, but at least everyone is aware of & agreeable to the suggestions.
Sighz… this has become a team vs team issue as well. One member of my team didn’t want to change shift coz she didn’t want to work with the other team. And that pissed one of the members off and she wanted to trash things out. She felt it’s related to the shift schedule issue as well. I really have no idea why my member refused to join the other team… probably she’s too used to our style of working & didn’t want to change. But this came at the wrong timing ~ when we are still in process of solving the work schedule issue. Now everything’s lumped up together… sighz…
I’m not that angry over the schedule thingy anymore but guess I need time to revert back to the same old me when facing Team B. Since the schedule saga started, I find it difficult to joke with them like I always do. Seems like other members of my team feels the same way too… we don’t know how to face them as if nothing happened. Sighz…I really hope things would be back to normal soon….we mustn’t let this matter spoil our friendship & team spirit… what can be done now? Will someone pls teach me??
No comments:
Post a Comment