Woke up early yesterday & couldn't get back to dreamland. Instead of idling around, I started researching for information on hot-springs around Nagoya. Most are quite far & expensive, so I settled for an amusement park that has hot-springs in there as well. Did a simple proposal & sent it out to the guides... wonder if they’d be keen to go...
It's still early after the above was done, so I went to explore my surroundings with another member. We went to a park nearby... quite ulu but nice place for hiking. Tempted to start hiking immediately but didn’t wana risk falling coz we were wearing flip-flop slippers. Hmm... maybe I should organize a group hiking trip there!
We were on afternoon shift, so cooked lunch at home. My roommates cooked fried rice ~ delicious!! I’m trying to lose weight so had to resist eating too much of it, but I can’t resist cheese and wine. Craved for it 2 nights ago & bought it from a supermarket after work. The Japanese red wine was a disappointment but I love the cheese!! I wanted to get another bottle of red wine last night but everyone wanted to go home early so I dropped the idea. Settled for the remaining Jap red wine, followed by Umeshu (plum liqueur). Think I drank too much last night, my face turned very red and there were red patches all over my arm & legs… still have a bit of hangover now…
There was a fireworks outing last night, but I didn’t join them as it’s windy & cold. Didn’t want to take unnecessary risks with fireworks. Stayed at home to drink & surf net & chat with my roommates…
After work, we were informed that the shift schedule has been changed according to suggestions by Team B. I knew things were bad the moment I saw one of my team member’s face turn black when she saw the new schedule. She remarked loudly that the new schedule is unfair. I tried to calm her down a little and told her we’d discuss it at home instead. At home, she said “Team B’s members had better not step into my room today...” Hahahaa…
Back home, a few of us studied the schedule together. Compared to the first 2 schedules, this new schedule is quite unfair towards us. I don’t ask for a schedule that favors us only, but at least one that is fair to both teams as far as possible. The original schedule by the manager was taxing for both teams. The 2nd schedule suggested by Team B but misunderstood by the manager was a little taxing for them on a few days, but I had suggested that we can switch the shifts during that few days to make it better for them, but they weren’t keen on it. Instead they went to push for this new schedule which seems to make life better for them only.
I’m very disappointed with Team B’s leader for not discussing this issue with my team before proposing it to the manager. This schedule not only affects them, but us as well. We are 2 teams working separately but what we do will affect each other. Don’t they get the point? How can I teach them to get out of their “I, me, myself” mentality? The world doesn’t revolve around them. To say they are still young isn’t a good excuse… I’ve much younger members in my team but I’m very impressed by their level of maturity & team community spirit. We are a team, we have to be united & care for one another. Whatever we do, we must consider how it would affect the rest of the members.
A neutral party has suggested that we trash this issue out with Team B. In my opinion, if this works I’d definitely do so. But from what I see, no matter how the schedule is changed, there is bound to be one team that will be affected unless we can do slight changes during that few taxing days. This, I’ve suggested when the 2nd schedule was out but Team B wasn’t receptive to my suggestion. Our manager isn’t too pleased with the request in change of schedule as well.
I plan to do a lunch meeting with my team later to discuss on this matter. I’d suggest leaving the schedule as it is and look at June’s schedule to see if it’s fair to us. I wish to encourage them to persevere on, take things in our stride ~ we are short of manpower but we will not to let this fact affect us. We’d try to make do with this shortage & help cover each other if one gets too tired.
1 comment:
OMG! It's getting political manz! Lata beta Be prepared to bring some parangs, beer bottles, chairs, wooden planks etc. in case negotiation fails! ahahahahhaa....Ok, juz mi crapping again!Anywayz, it's like tat one...duno why some ppl so selfish...wonder in their previous life are they fisherman or something. My office now oso got 1 gal...so f**k-up! Same mentality..."I, me, myself". Duno wat's their problem hor! Kaoz!
No comments:
Post a Comment