Friday, November 11, 2005

Managing expectations

I've been complaining & feeling upset over my bf's tendency to go missing, esp. on Sundays which is our "phone call day". After much "counselling" by my friend, I learnt to manage my expectations of him. I still expect a lot, but i know for now he won't be able to meet it. If i were to persist on it, it'd just cause more frustrations for myself & strain the relationship. Therefore I psycho-ed myself to let go a bit. And I realised I became happier. I made a little bookmark for him for no particular reason ~ just hope it cheers him up whenever he's tired/stressed. Struggled with a short love-letter in Japanese just to let him know how much I love him. Doing all that made me happy because I know he'll be happy receiving them.

We finally had our sunday call last weekend though it was just 30mins. Time limit was set by him! I didn't question abt the time limit ~ just happy that we could talk on the phone. After that Sunday call, I feel more relaxed & confident of the relationship. That call was an assurance to me that he's still serious about us.

This week i didn't email him everyday. He doesn't reply to all emails, but i'm ok with it. I hope with infrequent emails from me, he'd learn to appreciate & look forward to my emails.

Hmm.... think my bookmark & letter would reach him tomorrow.... wonder how he'd react...

No comments: