I had been very upset over my relationship since last Saturday. It started out with a simple email from him saying he's busy during the weekend. Somehow it ended with me getting very upset over the direction of our relationship.
The next morning I had calmed down & emailed him as per normal, as if nothing happened. I told him I'm gona try applying for the JET Progm again. He was supportive. And talked about his day. But after I replied about my day, he MIA again when we were supposed to have our weekly phone chat. That made me really upset.
I thought of giving up. My frds & sis told me to look for greener pastures. I seriously thot of that. Why should I continue with this? Why should I get upset almost every other day over his MIA acts & reluctance to answer my questions? Why should I continue to swallow my pride and email him in the end with the sweetest tone that i can muster?
I looked through our exchange of emails on Sunday again. Everything seemed fine, if I can overlook the fact that he didn't reply me on the call. So what am I upset over?
I know he won't answer questions regarding our future because he doesn't even know what's in store for his own future. He's still preparing for his university exams. But he did briefly mention to me his future plans if he passes/fails the exams. He didn't exactly mention my role in his future plans though...
So now I wonder.... why am I pressing him for answers now?
I guess I'm lost in life now. No directions. So I cling on to him for directions.
I see my final destinatin as a dutiful wife to him. Because we did briefly talk about this very "far future" plans last month. So after my trip last month, I started saving up for our future. Started to consider possible job options to survive in Japan. And I told him all that. Hmm....I think it either scared him off or motivated him to work even harder to pass his exams...
Then came the issue of his parents. When I was staying there, I knew I'd have problems staying for long. I need lots of breathing space. I need to have my freedom to do what I like. Staying with his parents means the end to freedom and the start of an acting career. Sighz... I seriously cannot accept this. But guess for the time being, we can leave this issue aside....
Now, I'm going MIA. Just to give him a taste of his own medicine. I've been resisting the urge to email him, ask about his day etc etc since Monday. Let's see how long we can last on this MIA acts.
No comments:
Post a Comment