I can't believe it! I've been doing almost nothing for my past 1 month at work!!
I spend hours surfing the net, chatting online not because I want to "eat snake", but because I'm bored. I've nothing to do at work, except for filing & typing letters ocassionally. I feel stupid. I find myself becoming lazy. If this carries on, I'd lose the work momentum & end up lazing at work. In fact, I think I'm showing signs of losing the "work energy". I no longer feel a sense of urgency for things I do.
This is a big "branded" company with a workforce of 800 & a big HR dept. I thought there will lots to do, lots to learn. I like being busy. I like to multi-task, with tonnes of work screaming for my attention. I like to be empowered to make decisions, be in-charge of something. I thought being a HR Administrator here, I'd have the chance to experience all of the above since I'm supporting the 4 HR Generalists & 1 HR manager. I was wrong. All I've done in the past month was filing, filing & more filing. Most of the time I'm just surfing the net, chatting on line, acting busy.
I can't accept a work scope like this. It insults my ability & intelligence. I've reached my limit. I'm now searching for a better job, something with better prospects. It wouldn't look good on my resume that i have so many contract jobs, and I resign from this one. But what's the difference anyway if I stay on and all I can write about my experience here is "Filing & typing letters"?
Haiz... now year end... no good jobs around :(
No comments:
Post a Comment