No lah....I didn't go there to bet on horse racing... The horses were probably sleeping by the time I was there. Thanks to SSO's free public performance at the S'pore Racecourse, I had a chance to enjoy an evening of classical music & get to "tour" the racecourse premises.
Ms Sua-Gu me was very excited to be there. There were many booths for placing bets & self-betting kiosks as well. There were blocks of seats beside the booths and the floors & seats were filled with litter. Poor cleaners were clearing up the mess at 6+ in the evening. Checked out the racing track but it was quite dark. Someday I want to go there to see all the action.
Despite the rain, the performance went on as scheduled. I had a great time there. It was fun trying to figure out which musical instrument was playing which part. However I duno what some are called coz I've returned all that I've learnt in music theory to my teacher 11 years ago. Heehee...
Here's my favorite piece played at the performance. Not from the SSO performance nor a complete piece, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it too.
Alexander Borodin (1833-1887)
Prince Igor: Polovtsian Dances
No comments:
Post a Comment