I've been jobless for 6 months. Being unemployed from March - July was a choice I made. I was living as a maid overseas, free lodging and food but no pay. When I returned in August, I actively searched for jobs & went for interviews but never passed the 2nd round of interviews. And that included temporary jobs! I was upset & felt very useless. Why was I not shortlisted for interviews? Why did I not pass the interview? Am I that lousy? My self-esteem plunged and I had bad mood swings. I desperately wanted to return to the workforce.
I'm still looking for a temp job with no success. Coz temp jobs want me to commit for 3-6 mths which I can't. What if I'm lucky and get a perm job? Then recently a friend told me to take my time to find a perm job I like & enjoy the free time I have now. Coz once I start working, I can no longer idle my time away like I'm doing now.
I thought it through carefully and decided to apply for a job I've always had a passion for but didn't go for it because of the 4-year bond attached. I'm still waiting for the outcome of the interview. If I fail, I really don't know what's my next step.
For now, I'll enjoy my free time & pray that all will turn out well.
No comments:
Post a Comment