Monday, December 29, 2008

1st day at work

Today's my 1st day at work after a nice long break. I thought waking up early was going to be a challenge but I woke up an hour before my alarm clock rang. Too excited about new job I guess.

After a briefing with the VP, I went to attend their staff meeting followed by a brainstorm session and training workshop. I spoke to some colleagues from other departments during the meeting but information they provided me was very general & I couldn't help but feel very lost. I wasn't shown my working cubicle (if there is any), no clear work scope & work materials, not introduced properly to my department, not given staff pass etc.

I guess they aren't really prepared for me to join. Or they are simply too busy to do a proper briefing & orientation. It's so different from all my previous jobs where things were all set & ready waiting for me to take over. And the boss or someone would orientate me to make sure I know enough about the company to survive on my own. Think it's time for me to be more independent at work!

Next 2 days no work, then Fri & Mon got training. So I officially assume duties on Tues and I still don't know what I'm supposed to do! I just pray hard they will email me a bit of information before Tues so that I have time to prepare.

Feeling lost now but not stressed out yet. Wait till Tuesday comes....

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Where's your new job?

ahBao said...

Somewhere in civil service.