Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A day at IKEA

I usually shun IKEA on weekends to avoid the crazy family crowd. However my friend cum driver was only free last Sunday, so I missed my TV show (repeat telecast of MediaCorp's 45th anniversary show) to do some shopping. I wanted to revamp my room and needed some cheap & cute items available at IKEA. Plus I was craving for their yummy hotdog bun ;p

1st stop, $2 hotdog bun + refillable drink set. So cheap!! I think we refilled the drink 4-5 times. 2nd stop, kids section -- my favorite! I had fun playing with the soft toys there. If my soft toy collection at home is smaller, I would have bought some from IKEA!

I wanted to get a small little chair for my window area coz it looks plain after I removed the old mat & pillows. I love the little chairs at the kids section. So cute!! We had fun sitting on them to choose the most comfy & suitable one for my room. My favorite was a rattan armchair. It felt a little tight when I sat on it. When it's my friend's turn, he lifted the chair off the ground with his buttocks. Hahaha!

As a normal-sized chair would be too big for my window area, I decided on a little red plastic chair + a crab-shaped cushion from the kids section. Very cute! The more I look at it, the more I adore it. I even nicknamed it "The Chili Crab Chair".


Done with the chair, we continued shopping & I bought 2 CD storage a boxes/drawers & a new mat to complete my shopping list. However we walked another round to enjoy free samples of gingerbread, cinnamon buns & saffron buns. IKEA had a baking festival, teaching people how to bake the 3 items & gave out tasting samples too. Yummy!! I especially liked the saffron buns. Wish I can bake it too....

After dinner we went home and I almost immediately started to assemble the chair & CD drawers. Plus let AhKe play with new toy crab. He was bullied by it initially but he's fine now.



Yesterday I spent the whole day clearing old things. I threw away 6 NTUC plastic bags worth of old letters/notes & misc stuff. And gave away another 3-4 bags of things to friends/family/charity. Today I bought more items for my room. And there's still more on my shopping list.

I'm still in the happy IKEA shopping mood now. 我很开心!

No comments: