Sunday, October 16, 2005

I'm back!

Came back on 13th Oct (Thur). The day i left Kagoshima (12 Oct) was quite uneventful. It was his off-day, so we went to buy some souvenirs. After lunch he went out alone to run errands for his Dad and wasn't home till late afternoon. I was quite disappointed that he didn't ask me along coz it meant I had to spend my last day alone at home. In the evening we prepared dinner together as a birthday gesture for his mother.

After dinner we spent some time alone looking at photos before it's time for me to set off. I had to take a 6 hrs overnight bus (12.18am!!) to Fukuoka for my flight back. In order to spend more quality time alone, we set off early. His parents didn't follow. Probably because it's late....or probably they understood that we would want to have some time alone....

No tears this time because we know we'd meet again. And because we are clearer about how we feel about this relationship. Initially we didn't know if we can make it as a couple staying under the same roof, b'coz all the while it's a sms/email relationship. These 2 weeks together proved that despite the language barrier, we get along quite well. We don't talk a lot, but there's no uncomfortable silence.

He cares a lot for me & respects me. I made the effort to stay up to wait for him to come home from work past midnight almost every weekday. And he tried to come home soonest possible & spend some time together watching anime/movie he obviously has no interest in, but watched it anyway just to keep me company even though he's tired. I think i've done a pretty good job at not disrupting his studies/work during the 2 weeks i was there. I left him alone to do his work/studies. I'd either read books, pack up his room, surf net or write my blog.

Although i feel it's a waste that i went all the way to Kagoshima to be with him yet end up spending more time alone & with his parents than him, I guess it's a good way of experiencing how life would turn out for us in future. If i can't accept this lifestyle of him not being around most of the time, how is this relationship gona survive in future when he studies in school & work part-time / busy with his career?

We didn't really settle on many issues regarding our future, but we do have some vague plans. A lot depends on how he fares for the coming exams as that would determine his career & future. So for the time being i don't talk to him about our future plans as it might stress him.

That aside, the day i arrived in S'pore i received a call from a job agency to go for interview the next day. I'm not really keen because of the location & b'coz i'm still in holiday mood, but went for the interview the next day anyway. Things worked out well & smooth. The interviewers liked me, i was comfortable with the job & hiring manager & package. So they offered & I accepted on the spot. It's a 1 yr contract, but i guess it's good as it gives me a certain timeline to make my future plans. Pay isn't high but enough to survive.

Starting work tomorrow....still feeling a bit lazy....hope this job turns out well & I can tahan for 1 year there!

No comments: