Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Start of weight-gain programme

Day 3 - 30/9 Friday

At the rate I eat at his home, I doubt the weight I lost in S’pore (as allowance to put back here!) is enough to keep my weight down. I’m not exactly sure if they have a habit of eating 6 meals a day, but they are doing it now. Let’s see what I’ve eaten in a day. A heavy breakfast consisting of bread/rice, salad, yoghurt. Quite healthy, but too much food. I’m not used to it after months of just orange juice & few pieces of biscuit for breakfast. Then they have some snacks in the late morning, e.g. sweet potato pie,etc. Lunch was fried rice & soup. Very delicious but I had to control my intake of rice. I’m so used to eating salad / cereal for lunch that I felt really guilty & fat for eating rice for lunch. But I had to eat a little to “give face”.

Tea time was my favorite cheesecake! *drool* I’ll feel very guilty if I ate the whole piece so I made Teru share with me. He wants to eat but needs to diet anyway. Then there’s the usual green tea to go with it.

I wonder why Teru didn’t return to the library after lunch like what he did yesterday. Maybe he needs a break from studies today. Maybe he feels bad that I came all the way to Kagoshima to be with him, but ended up spending most of the time alone or with his parents. I hardly see him nor talk to him. So far we’ve only had breakfast & lunch together with his parents. The rest of the time he’s either at the library or at work. Today he stayed on to look at the photos in my computer.

I showed him almost all the photos I’ve in the computer. He didn’t ask me anything much despite seeing photos of me with another guy. I told him that guy’s my Osaka friend. He didn’t ask anything but I’m worried about what he thinks about us. Would he get jealous?

Next we looked at the Expo photos. Ms Ba-gua me started telling him about all the scandals at the Expo. Things like Bitch A treating me like a love rival, which girls have boyfriends in S’pore but have boyfriends in Japan too. His reaction was quite funny. I said something like “oh, u see this gal? she got attached to this Jap colleague recently. And she has a boyfriend in S’pore”. He went “orh…” then “HUH? “ So I repeated myself. And went on to point out which other gals have bf in S’pore but still flirt in Japan. He wondered aloud what would happen after they return. Dump the S’pore or Jap bf? Hahaha… I wonder too…

We concluded that they’re all lonely at work, so it’s easy to fall for another at work. And they’re young as well, so aren’t very stable as well. Since we were on this topic, I casually asked Teru if any of his students like him. His immediate reply was “Don’t worry, there isn’t. Because of my bad behavior”. And he went on to demo his bad behavior – pretending to dig his nose. Then he laughed and said it’s just a joke. He said he can’t chat with his students because they are all very young, 14 or 15 years old. I’m not worried about teacher-student scandals. I’m just curious whether he has any secret admirer among his students.

I showed him Ah-Ke’s photos as well. Love me must love my Ah-Ke too! Hahaha! Not sure if he’s just trying to please me when he said Ah-Ke is cute, not scary. I kept asking him if he’s really speaking the truth. Told him that many people find Ah-Ke scary. To which he replied that Ah-Ke’s not scary but people may find him scary because he looks very real. He feels that Peko is more scary ~ she has that “evil grin”. One look at her & he asked if she’s really Peko from Japan! Muhahaha!

After he went off to work, his mother & I started preparing dinner. Singapore curry. I was quite worried that it’d be too spicy, but his mother told me it’s ok, they like it spicy. So I poured in the whole packet of chili powder. Dinner was curry and potato salad. I love the curry, not eaten it for a long time. His parents love it too. It’s the first time they tried it, so different from Japanese curry. I’m glad they like it. His dad finished it up very quickly. Hmm…since they like it so much, maybe I should send some over when I’m back. Oh, did I mention that they love bak-kwa too? They couldn’t stop eating it!

I’m glad they liked all the food I brought, in particular bak-gwa, curry & kaya. His mother likes mooncake. Think she has finished half of it herself. They were a little hesitant when they saw how thick the Pu’er tea was. They thought it would be very bitter. They were soon won over by its fragrance & taste which is not bitter at all. The more they try S’pore food, the more they want to visit S’pore. It’d be great if they can visit S’pore one day…

I stayed up to wait for Teru, dozing off several times while reading a book. His mother stayed up to read too, until he reached home. I just looked at him eating. He loved the curry too. As usual, after eating he felt sleepy, so I bugged him to go out for a walk. I stayed home to read till he’s back from his walk then I went to sleep.

No comments: