Last nite I was touched by 3 nice guys' sweet gestures....
First's my student. Yesterday was our last lesson. He gave me a bouq of small red roses. So sweet of him! I was so surprised. I was very very touched that he made the effort to get me a cd of my fav group (GLAY) as well. He & his wife also invited me to dinner this coming Mon but I can't make it :( I didn't expect all these..... Right after he left, i just broke down in tears. I duno how to describe the feeling... sad? touched? We've had almost 1 year of lessons (2-3hrs/week). He's more like a father & friend to me than a student. I'm going to miss our lessons so much. I feel I've learnt a lot more from him than he did from me. He told me a lot about Japanese culture, thinking etc. And was always very eager to help me with my travel plans within Japan. He's a very family man.....always telling me about his wife & 3 kids. I often thot how nice it'd be if i can find a husband like him.
The 2nd nice guy's K-san. Informed me that he didn’t manage to apply for leave during the time my siblings & I’d be in Osaka, but he’d try to end work on time to meet us in Kobe on the 13th . I didn’t want him to be rushing here & there, esp. since he’s prob tired after work, so tried to hint that it’s ok not to meet. Then he suggested the 9th . Hmm...i duno what got over me, but think I was a little sarcastic in my reply ~ saying he seems bent on fulfilling his “promise” to go Kobe at nite together. I know he sincerely wished to share the lovely nite view together and bring us around, but I just had to be mean. But I can’t help it leh ~ can’t take it when someone’s too nice to me. I already have a bad tendency to turn to him whenever I feel down etc etc. He’s been nice to give some support tho he’s not obliged to put up w my nonsense. Told Jaycee about it and we came to the conclusion that we gals are too “independent” ~ dun wana owe pp “ren qing”. And that scares some guys off! ;) After much thot, I guess I'm just trying to escape from having to bid goodbye...
The 3rd nice guy’s Aaron. He popped by last evening with his collection of 200 dvds/vcds of anime & movies, offering to copy any title I want. And he still has another 200+ in his PC. Isn’t that sweet of him? Previously he copied FMP2 for me after I mentioned i liked FMP1 but didn’t know there’s a part 2. We chatted for a while. Hmm...he’s quite an interesting person to chat with tho he sometimes goes on & on w/o stopping. 2 hrs later, he came back with 1 of my anime request & to collect the washing machine that Asep left behind. Think he wanted to chat a little while, but seeing that I’m still in tears after my English lesson, he quickly left with the washing machine. But he told me to give him a list of anime I want & he’d copy it for me if he has it. He’s so nice! I mean, he’s probably bz studying for JLPT2 but took the trouble to do this knowing that I’m leaving soon....
There are nice guys out there after all.....
No comments:
Post a Comment