Monday, December 27, 2004

Merry Christmas!

This year’s x’mas was much more bz than previous years. I had planned to send greeting cards / presents to friends in Japan, and all these had to be done within 2 days of me being back in Singapore, considering the 5-7 days taken for the cards/gifts to reach Japan on time for xmas. Choosing the gifts was fun & meaningful ~ I spent a fair bit of time at the DFS shop, checking out the many interesting souvenirs from Singapore.

My sis & I went to shop at Meida-ya @Liang court on xmas eve. It’s apparently the only Jap supermarket in Spore. I was really excited to see many familiar favorites in Japan being sold here. But everything’s expensive. However if I were to convert it back to yen, it’s almost the same. How did I survive those prices in Japan then?

Jaycee came over for dinner. We feasted on mum’s fried beehoon & chicken wings & lots of other food. Pris came over later. We talked about the office politics at Jaycee’s workplace, looked at their Japan photos & stories, and exchanged xmas gifts. Our bitching session lasted till 2am ~ been ages since we last stayed up so late together. Probably meet them soon to view their video taken in Japan.

I’m a free thinker but nevertheless celebrate this season of giving & sharing. It’s nice to be with family & friends on this day. Last year’s xmas was in Japan. I still remember it vividly, thanks to the videos taken then. What was meant to be a small celebration with Evelyn then, ended up with Asep & KJ joining the fun unexpectedly. We had a little cake & a bottle of sparkling wine for the occasion. And with acapella xmas songs playing in the background ~ perfect setting for a xmas gathering :)

On the xmas day, I stayed at home to rot. No place to go to, or rather, too lazy to go out. Opening my xmas gift left under the xmas tree was fun :) Received a very cute pig backrest from my bro & Alice. Spent the rest of my day at home watching VCD, tidying up my room, replying emails.....

No comments: