Monday, December 20, 2004

The first few days back in Singapore

The day home ~ 15 Dec (Wed)

Woke up at 5am coz we had to catch the 6.45am bus to the airport. Liyuen & Suit Ying came to help us bring the luggage down to the carpark to take the cab. And it’s goodbye to Residence U.

I called Xiaolin from the bus at 6.45am, very early but had to catch him before he goes to work! Mayleen did the initial morning greeting in Chinese, before I took over….wonder if he knew it. Then I sent a few sms to my friends. At the airport, gave Evelyn a call before she went to school. Duno she had just woken up or was crying….i tried to lighten the mood a little even tho it’s to say that dreadful “goodbye”…..well dear…see ya in S'pore!

The flight back was uneventful ~ slept most of the time coz I was a little tipsy after all the wine on board & also because i didn’t sleep much the previous night. At the airport, I was greeted by Ah Ke on arrival. Immediately gave Ah Ke a tight hug & took pic too. Once I reached home, I couldn’t resist the piano & started playing my favorite pieces. Had a “hawker dinner feast” of char kway tiao, satay, chicken wings, chili stingray….missed those food so much……

16 Dec (Thur)
Went to Dad’s office with Mayleen to use the internet coz I couldn’t logon at home. We had curry fish head for lunch, then we went to Bishan to sign up for aerobics course. Shopped a little at bishan…the place has changed quite a bit in a year… went searching for nice X’mas cards & gifts…. Unpacked/packed my stuff the rest of the day…all the way till 2am…

17 Dec (Fri)
Went to Dad’s office again to use the internet. Arranged for an interview with JAC recruitment company on 20/12 and with Matsushita Electronic on 22/12 for position of HR Specialist. I’m actually not too keen to take up a permanent job now coz I’ve other plans in mind. But Dad was so excited about Matsushita….so I just call lor…No guarantee that I’d get the job anyway. I checked out the Japanese language schools as well…shortlisted 2 schools, will probably confirm on one next week…. Did round 2 of shopping today…must get all my x’mas gifts today coz had to send them out the next day. Spent the whole night writing letters / signing off cards in Japanese…

18 Dec (Sat)
Sent out the cards / parcels in the morning then had another round of hawker food for lunch. Had my favorite Wanton mee, rojak, goreng pisang :) Then Dad drove me to Marina South to let me practice driving. Not driven for a year….very rusty already. Parking was really bad. I like the new car ~ smooth drive & full of power….but I didn’t dare to speed yet….not with Dad around!After that we went to the Diamond Industries shop @Scotts coz Alice & mum wanted to do some alteration to their jewelry. They also wanted to get me a diamond necklace coz they bought one for Mayleen recently.

Haiz, I wonder what’s the craze over diamonds… it’s just a stone! They were so excited talking about the size, clarity etc etc… I was more interested in the design than the stone… so most of the time they were busy choosing the stone while I was chatting with Mayleen… only spent some time choosing the design I like and they did the rest. The $$ they spent on that stone…I'd rather they gave it to me to travel instead! A stone can be stolen, but an experience can never be taken away…

Duno why I was so tired….slept from 6pm upon reaching home….all the way till the next morning at 7… didn’t even eat dinner!

19 Dec (Sun)
Super nuah day…Paid a visit to Uncle in the morning, chatted a little then went home for lunch. Uploaded the photos taken in Japan and checked email for a while. Wanted to go out with Mayleen to buy xmas gift for her friend, but in the end we were too lazy to go out. I started writing then….hmm… been almost 4 hours since I started typing away…

That’s my first few days back in S’pore. Used to the warm & humid weather already….but not quite used to staying with so many people at home, having my actions being questioned occasionally, having to “entertain” whoever’s talking to me when I wish to have some time on my own…. guess I’m too used to my lifestyle in Japan…need a little more time to adapt to life back at home…


No comments: