Today I finally told my boss that I'm getting married and cannot renew the teaching contract for the next academic year (starting April). I feel lousy after telling her. She didn't seem to take it too well. The frown on her face, the impersonal response to it etc. No congrats or interest in my future plans. Just a "you need to give me a resignation letter". She said she did have a feeling I'd not stay long, that I'd get married. But she's surprised that it's that soon. Maybe I should have told her earlier. However if I did so, I'd have to face her frowns for a longer time. I feel so unappreciated.
I feel a little depressed about resigning. One of my most reluctant resignation ever. I'm happy with my job despite the irritating P5 kids. The P1 & P2 kids never fail to amuse me. P3 & P4 are like my friends. I enjoy doing crafts with my students, playing games with them, talking to them....
I've nice colleagues, short working hours, relatively good pay, long holidays, freedom to teach the way I want as long as I follow the syllabus..... sigh.... I'm already beginning to miss all these!
No comments:
Post a Comment