With 1.5 months more to go before my wedding, I'm beginning to have 2nd thoughts.....
Will I be able to adapt to a completely different lifestyle in Japan?
Will I be able to cope without my family & friends?
Will I be able to come back to Singapore often?
Will I be able to find a job I enjoy in Japan?
Will we be able to live together happily ever after?
Will he continue to love me as much as before marriage?
Will he treat me as well as before marriage, or even better?
All of a sudden, I'm beginning to miss Singapore, my family & my friends. I feel as if I'm going to leave the country for a very long time. I have a sudden urge to visit as many parts of Singapore as I can before I leave for Japan. I've lived here for 29 years of my life but I've never been to Pulau Ubin & Kusu island. I want to cycle through East Coast Park again. I want to walk down the streets of Singapore at night on my own for hours again.
I can't bear to leave my job. Though it's frustrating at times, I've never liked a job more besides my first HR job at GE Plastics. I feel sad at the thought of leaving. I've settled down so well into this job and now I've to give it up and start from zero again.
I told my hubby today that I'm beginning to feel very lonely and dread moving to Japan. I told him for the 1st year, I wish to come back every 3 months. He wasn't too enthusiastic about the idea. He hoped I would teach English in schools. That means i can only go back during the school holidays (August, December & March). I told him I wish to come back for Chinese New Year and he said it's difficult to work that out if I'm teaching in schools. So I said I'll do home tuition instead which he agreed but I could sense he wasn't completely rooting for the idea.
Is love worth the sacrifices I've to make? I'm beginning to wonder if I've married too early. I've a nice hubby but is he really The One? Why must The One cause me to make so many sacrifices? If you love someone, you wouldn't want the person to be sad. If the one you love had to make sacrifices for you, wouldn't you try to make it up to him/her in some ways? Or try to soften the consequences of the sacrifices? I feel so depressed now. Why can't he be more understanding?
1 comment:
My dear, it's just pre-wedding jitters. Yes I'm sure you will miss your friends & family. Things will be tougher as you will have language probs in Jap... & it's harder to make friends initially if you don't work... BUT it will all get better, because you have your lao gong there!! I'm sure when he sees that you are lonely & upset in Jap, he'll let you fly back whenever you want! Stay positive & enjoy your new life!!
Post a Comment