Xin Nian Kuai Le!!
This year's CNY, I was in a crazy mood. Maybe I had a feeling it might be my last CNY in S'pore. In future years I'd probably only be able to come back before or after CNY. So this year I wanted it to be memorable. But it ended up to be as boring as before, except maybe for eve of CNY.
On eve of CNY, I went to Chinatown to meet my friends at 11pm. I was in a very happy & crazy mood. It was nice to see my mentee. How much he has grown over the years.! From seeking our advice on studies to now seeking advice on how to court a girl. Really reminds us how old we've grown! 3 of us went to Chinatown Point just on time to see the fireworks set off at midnight. 2 of my Japanese friends & another friend joined us too. After a brief squeeze through the CNY crowd at Chinatown, we went to Clarke Quay.
We stayed on till almost 4am. By then they were all a bit concussed. I was the only one still quite energetic then. 2 went home first while another was kind enough to fetch the 3 of us to Bugis for breakfast. We ate & chat till the first bus service started at 6am. My friend was half-dead by then. I don't know where I found the energy to remain so awake, esp since I had woken up at 6am that day to go to school. Yes, poor Ms Chan still had to teach on CNY eve!
I had a short nap till 9am then by 10am we were at my grandma's place. After lunch we watched the move "The Pursuit of Happyness". Quite a touching & inspiring movie. After lunch it's afternoon nap, then short entertaining of relatives, followed by dinner & TV and my day's done.
Today's the 2nd day of CNY. Really bored at home. Read 2 books, both still uncompleted. I wanted to start on my students' reports but too lazy. Doesn't feel like CNY today. Catch up on replying emails, write my blog, update my photos.....
I guess except for CNY eve, the rest of my CNY is just like the usual years of nuahing at home....
nothing memorable....
No comments:
Post a Comment