Lately my weekends have been different from the routine of shop, sleep, watch tv & internet. I spent it discovering Singapore. I'm like a tourist again. I revisit places to relive the old memories and create new memories. I go to places I've never been to.
First I went to Sentosa after 1.5 years. The landmark ferry terminal is gone. The lovely fountain terraces are gone. The musical fountain amphitheater is gone. In its place is a huge construction site for the integrated resort. Sentosa has transformed from a sleepy resort into a money-sucking tourist trap. Pay a bomb to go up to the Merlion to view a huge construction site. Burn a hole in your pocket to try some rides. Burn a bigger hole to view a small aquarium that takes no more than 30 mins & watch some dolphins pop in & out of waters.
The charms of Images of S'pore is still there. The dragon trail is still there. That's my best memory of Sentosa. Those "night walk" camp activities I've done at the dragon trail still leaves a deep impression in my mind. I'm surprised the beach is filled with people playing beach games. Sentosa has become a very happening place to be in for youngsters. One day I hope to go there and see the sunset like I used to do during my uni days.
I went to The National Museum of Singapore. My last visit was almost 20 years ago during one of those school excursions. The museum has maintained its lovely outlook but added on a new modern block at the back. It's nice but doesn't seem to fit with the architecture of the old. The museum experience was interesting. It's a good recap of S'pore history for me. We were given headsets to listen to explanations for the exhibits though I'd rather read than listen and carry the not-so-light set around.
Asian Civilization Museum was my next stop. My first visit ever. I don't remember it being around during my schooling days. I like this museum more probably because it's about Asia rather than just 1 country. There were many interactive exhibits which made the experience more interesting and fun than just look, read & move on. If i had the time I would've stayed on much longer.
I went to the Night Safari again, my last visit being 1.5 yrs ago. This time round it's more detailed as I had the time to walk through all the trails and observe the animals. The animal show remains unchanged, so does my excitement of watching it. I can probably watch the show & go through the trail 10 times and still feel excited about it.
Not sure where I'll go next for my excursion. Probably to the Istana or to the Science Centre. Maybe the Chinese Garden too. Or botanical gardens. And just in case you're wondering, Ms Chan isn't on a loner tour. I had a Japanese friend who's discovering Singapore so I tagged along too. Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment