Sunday, February 17, 2008

Saturday - A day to destress

I was in one of my moods yesterday. Couldn't concentrate on my student reports. Felt frustrated, mentally/emotionally tired and just simply sianz.... I think the pre-wedding jitters, reluctance to resign, sadness to leave my family & friends in S'pore really got to me....

I decided I shall relax in a "time-out, time-alone" session. Drove to East Coast Park to cycle then sat somewhere along the beach to look at the sea, ships & planes flying past. Cycling was tiring coz I've not cycled for ages. But I enjoyed it anyway. This trip out to ECP was quite therapeutic. Of course I didn't become happier within that 2 hrs but I felt slightly better.

In the evening I went to meet my friend for dinner then we went to watch the Chingay parade together. We waited for about 20mins before the Formula 1 car prelude started. Wah, really very interesting. The car was really like flying across. So fast!! And the sound of the car driving past was "wow"! After that we waited for almost 30mins for the floats & dance parade to begin. The initial few floats were big & nice. After that it became boring. The interval between contingents took too long and many were just dancers so nothing much to see. I was very restless after a while. I think watching Chingay once is enough. Nothing fantastic.

There was a post parade open-air party. I was pretty excited about it and bought tickets the day before. What a big disappointment! Very small crowd and they were all watching the dancers perform instead of dancing. Even when the band performed, only a few people danced. The songs weren't very nice and the atmosphere simply wasn't there. Didn't feel like a party at all, was more of a performance again. I'd say it's a total flop lor.

Very bored and still in a party mood, we set off for St James at around 1am. Total madness there. Bumped into my ex-colleague who intro me to her colleagues - all engineers with SIA i think. Got 1 or 2 cute ones....*drool* We became very drunk, very high and danced the whole night long till they closed at 5am. Ms Chan wasn't Ms Chan anymore after a few drinks. Shall not go into details here, hahaha!

After they closed we went to Orchard for breakfast and talked until the sky brightened. I reached home by 8, read a book till 9, slept till 11. And now I'm blogging away. Think my bio clock is totally messed up liao. Tonight must sleep early otherwise next wk die ah!

I'm happier today. The de-stress sessions yesterday worked pretty well! Hope next wk goes well....

1 comment:

Fatcat said...

Wah ah bao! You went chionging dawn?! How come you never do such things with before?! Anyway hope you had a good break over the weekend. Be positive!